Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another must read: The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav

I believe in serendipity. It's the major way I know that there is a higher, loving power, guiding my life. I was searching for some spirituality by reading my favorite LDS author, Hugh Nibley. In a book transcipt of a BYU course he taught, he said something like, "if you want to understand how god works, read The Dancing Wu Li Masters by Gary Zukav." I have no background in physics so I only made it through half of this book, which is Mr. Zukav's gift to the world; he also had no background in physics but was invited to attend some lectures on molecular physics back in the 70's and loved what he learned and this book is what he learned, sort of An Idiot's Guide to Molecular Physics. Anyway, in this book you will find the scientific underpinnings of the principles taught in What The Bleep Do We Know? and The Secret. I fell in love with the power of intention, and for the first time I became open to the possibility that things work, even if I don't know how they work (something Eastern Medicine has long accepted, but Western Medicine still rejects:) ) Anyway, a few months later, still searching for my spirituality, I went to see an emotional healer, something I wouldn't have been open to before reading Zukav's book. While I was there, I saw on her shelf several more books by Gary Zukav: The Seat of the Soul, The Mind of the Soul, the Heart of the Soul, and Stories from the Seat of the Soul, The Seat of the Soul being the first of them. Do you see the serendipity in me finding these books? Because I just ate up the Seat of the Soul. Even if you don't believe in reincarnation, which I didn't at the time I read this book, there is still a great deal to be gleaned from it, most importantly your appreciation for the divinity of your own soul. After Sacred Contracts, this is the second book you should read.
 P.S. After I finished this book, I was OPEN to the idea that reincarnation might be the way it all worked, but still didn't believe it. OPENNESS is a necessity in exploring your spirituality.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are willing to use insight from anywhere, not rejecting the good that can be found in organized or non-organized religion simply because it is not where you feel you belong. It seems that you are not rejecting or condemning other people's ideas and views, but rather are searching for what is right for you. An action rather than a reaction. Always good.

    ReplyDelete